Sunday, June 19, 2005

Interesting Observation

I remember Mother's Day in the blogosphere...so many bloggers posting things about their mom. Other than my own, I didn't see any Dad blogs. Even a Google search of "Father's Day Blog" didn't turn up anything. Wierd. It makes me wonder if anyone else had a close relationship with their dad, or if dads in general are just taken for granted.
We need men like my dad for the young kids of today. We need men who are not afraid to form strong bonds and relationships with their kids so that they are remembered later on. I'm so thankful that I had that example and I can only hope that I am making a similar impact on the lives of those around me, especially our kids and grandkids. Will someone write about me someday? Will my life be worth remembering? I hope so.

Update: 6/21/05 I found one! http://weeklyscheiss.blogspot.com/2005_06_01_weeklyscheiss_archive.html
AND another...thanks, Jimmy www.beinggods.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

Hey Paul, just surfing through on Explosion and saw your thoughts on seeing no Father's Day posts. I agree, but you must have missed mine...www.beinggods.blogspot.com
Great site you got here!
Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I saw a TON of Father's Day posts, too...