Wednesday, May 25, 2005

stressful day

I have such a hard time every time I come to San Antonio. I don't know if it's because I have to leave my house by 5:00 a.m. to get here before the traffic gets horrendous, if it's the 2 1/2 hour drive, or if it's just the general atmosphere when I get here....but something's not right about this trip.
I always feel restless and depressed. In addition, I am feeling like I am wasting my time being here. I could probably take care of this office from back home. On top of all that, since this is a new office, things are just getting started here, so it's a little slow until everything starts to fall into place. I'm in the process of getting letters approved, having brochures printed and getting leads contacted. I just want things to get going.
The one good thing is that I get to see my mom once a week now. She is always glad to see me. But it's hard to deal with all the stuff that comes with being away from home. It's just not the same not being there. Added to that is the stress of knowing there are issues back home and I'm not there to deal with them.
Life is hard, and in 47 years, it hasn't gotten easier. It would be nice if I had a friend here to talk to. Maybe I'm just tired, and a good night's sleep might make a difference. yeeesh...

1 comment:

Airelee said...

Hang in there, Texas buddy. Things are always better after a good night's sleep.