Thursday, March 03, 2005

"Sunday"

"Sunday" Acrylic on canvas, framed, 16" x 20"
I don't usually do abstract art, but I thought this was kindof cool. It actually is my first full sized work with acrylics on canvas. I have done some smaller studies, but I finally got in "the zone" last week and created this. I got a nice frame and hung it in my office, and it makes my whole office look different.
There is a real deep, emotional and intimate feeling I get when I paint. I can't explain it, but it is better than any high I can think of. I can't beleive that when I was younger, I used to think I had to smoke pot to be able to paint...My artwork from that period reflects my stifled thought patterns. I can't even think of getting high or even having a glass of wine now before I paint. Somehow it would destroy the purity of it. I am so very thankful for this talent I have. I can no longer take it for granted. I know part of my purpose is to paint, and I love it.
Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paulie - love the new look! Who'd a thunk it? I thought you were all nature and flowers. :) Good job - I like it. Don't forget to call your sister for her birthday. love you!

Anonymous said...

I love this painting!!!! It's beautiful!