Thursday, February 10, 2005

Dear President Bush

I ran across this blog today. I thought I'd throw in my letter to the stack. One thing gets to me though: am I the only one in America who remembers we don't call the President of the US by his FIRST name? (or "W", or "Bush") What happened to "President Bush"? As much as I disliked the character deficiencies of the former president, I never lost respect for the Office of President, and respectfully referred to him as "President Clinton". Not "Bill", or "Clinton", or "Mr. Clinton", or any other reference other than "President Clinton". And he is still "President Clinton", and if I recall correctly, he keeps that title even after he is no longer in office.

I encourage you to make your voice heard too. Thank God we still have the freedom in this great country to express our views, even if they are dissenting ones. I am amazed, though, at the sheer HATE that comes from the "tolerant and liberal" left.

Even though I hated the things I heard President Clinton did, and disagreed with his policies, I never HATED him, and prayed for him and the Office on a regular basis. I wonder how many liberals can say that? Oh....they wouldn't mix religion with politics....or pray publicly.... or try to force their religion down your throat... (they do though) ... nevermind.... silly idea.

Enough of that. Here's a copy of the letter.

Dear President Bush:
This is a time for our country that we desperately need firm, unwavering leadership and people who are not afraid to do whatever is necessary to maintain our cherished freedom. It is also a time for Americans to support our leadership. With great respect for the office of President of the United States, I give you my support. Thank you for bringing leadership and dignity back to the office. I am a fifth-generation American Veteran who proudly served our country in the Armed Services. My father and his grandfather are both buried at national cemeteries. My grandfather served in the US Navy during WWII. We are of Mexican descent, but we always knew we were Americans first. When I pledged allegiance to our flag, I really meant it. I am proud, as were my ancestors, to be an American. I salute you. You are a great American and it is an honor to call you "Mr. President".
Respectfully,
Paul Tamez
A proud American

No comments: