Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I Made It!

I made it to half-time....the half-time of life. 50 years old today, and I feel great. I also accomplished a major goal today - I rode 51 miles on my bike! My odometer said 51.8 miles, but the map said slightly under... (see below. )


At any rate, riding 50 miles on my 50th birthday was what I was hoping to do, so what's a few tenths of a mile between us anyway??? My first phone call this morning was from my all-time favorite little girl, Isabella. She called me right as I was getting ready to leave, so it made my day. I took some pics:

(If you click on the pictures, you get the full-size view)




Here I am about 6 miles out, thinking this was a BAD mistake - maybe I'll delay this til tomorrow - I had a 20-25 mph wind in my face all the way to Moody (24 miles) -
(This is my "Oh shit, what am I doing?" look...)










I watched the trains switch tracks in Pendleton














It was cold - it only warmed up to about 61 by the time I finished












Getting closer to Moody - I took a break around 20 miles















Moody - the half-way point. After I made the turn, I made it home in half the time it took me to get there.











So that's my big adventure - time for a hot bath and a cold beer. Here's my ride:



No comments: