Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I have a lot to be thankful for
I am thankful for...
my family
my life
my relationships
my business
my church
God's grace
A warm, dry, comfortable house

I used to be poor and now I'm not
I used to worry and now I don't
I used to fret and now I laugh
I used to be sick and now I'm healthy
I lost my Dad to cancer, but I gained insight to my life and purpose
I made the best with what I had, and I learned to appreciate what I have instead of being mad about what I don't
I used to be closed, cynical, and shut off, but I've learned to love, accept, and like people
I used to be mean, but even little kids like me now
I used to hate, but I learned compassion
I used to think I was better than others, but I know myself well enough now to know I'm not
I'm thankful I learned I can't control what people think, do, or say - but I can control how I react
I'm glad I don't have to be perfect to be happy

A Thanksgiving poem

Eat well
Love your family
And if it's anything you pass
Make sure it's the gravy
And not the gas

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: