Monday, November 05, 2007

Easy does it

I've been sick for the last 3 weeks, since the 100 hole golf marathon I did on Oct 15th. I guess that's what I get for killing that poor water moccasin with a mouse in its mouth. Beat him with a 3 wood.
Today was the first ride I have taken since before then, so I decided to take it easy. I am hoping tomorrow I can fulfill my goal of 50 miles on my 50th birthday - but it will have to be a slow ride, and I'll need to prepare for some wicked weather. I'm not sure when the cold front is supposed to blow in; either tonight or tomorrow morning. The wind will shift from the south to the north, bringing 20-30 mph winds. That makes for a tough ride. I am planning a northerly trek to begin, so I'll have the wind to my back when I make my turn. I'll update tomorrow.
This morning was a beautiful fall morning, and I enjoyed getting back in the saddle. Even more, I didn't ride hard so I was able to enjoy some quiet time in prayer, and reflect a little on my life. I am finally at half-time. I wonder what the rest of my life has in store. Sometimes I feel I haven't accomplished that much, but I realize I am only comparing myself to others instead of being glad for what God has done with me so far. When I think of all the miraculous things I have seen, done, and allowed to happen, I am overwhelmed with the magnitude of God's grace. I wonder how He has brought me this far.
I'll write more, because these past few weeks I have been introspective - and it has yielded some deep thoughts. I promise to share more soon. Here's my easy ride this morning:

No comments: